Wednesday, September 5, 2012

UltraRunnerPodcast Interview

My interview with UltraRunnerPodcast.com is now live and you can listen to it here. Scotty, Eric and the crew at UltraRunnerPodcast do a great job of covering the sport, and I appreciate the invitation to speak with them (very unexpected!). While I wish the main topic of our conversation (my Leadville DNF due to a knee injury) were a bit more positive, I think it's great to have the opportunity to share my feelings about the experience. Enjoy!

P.S. There has been some interest in the protein shake I mentiond in my podcast. Disclaimer: I actually got the recipe from a book I recently reviewed, Fit2Fat2Fit, by Drew Manning. Although the recipe doesn't look that enticing, I can promise you this is a very tasty treat you will love after a hard workout. It delivers about 300-400 high-quality calories along with plenty of protein and carbohydrates. Here's the recipe:

Spinach Protein Recovery Shake
1 scoop of vanilla-flavored whey protein powder mix
1 cup of plain almond milk
1 banana
2 cups of raw spinach (pre-washed)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
2 cups of ice

Add ingredients to blender (I start with the whey powder and almond milk and then add one ingredient at a time so the blender doesn't get overwhelmed) and blend until the consistency is smooth. This smoothie packs a ton of protein and also some needed carbs. It's great for after a tough workout.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. great poodcast Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic interview Wyatt, you came across amazingly polished!

    ReplyDelete